Tuesday 6 August 2013

Dreams

Aren't dreams the best thing ever?

I've always been one to dream a lot in my sleep. Some times I never remember them, other times I remember loads. However when I remember dreams they never really make a lot of sense. 


I've recently been having fairly good dreams, dreams that I wouldn't mind coming true. I am one of those people that think there are meanings behind dreams, I don't know what, but surely we must have them for a reason,or is it just 'A wish that our heart makes' like Cinderella once said? Sometimes I really do hope so...


So me being me, I decided to do some research to find some facts out about dreams as I find them fascinating.


Dream facts:

  1. You have met everyone that appears in your dream, your brain can't imagine/make up a human. So the people in your dream could be people you see everyday and know, people you met when younger and forgotten or simply someone you'v just bumped into
  2. You have 4 - 6 dreams a night, but you forget the majority of them
  3. When you dream your body is essentially paralysed, your body release neurotransmitters that shuts down your large muscle so your body doesn't move, this is called Rapid Eye Movement face (REM)
  4. You spend 6 years of your life dreaming
  5. You forget 90% of you dream once you've been awake for 10 minutes
  6. People don't dream while snoring
  7. Stephenie Meyer, author of The Twilight saga dreamt up the story and then wrote it
  8. Abraham Lincoln dreamt he saw his death, 3 days later he was assassinated. This type of dreaming is called precognitive dreaming where you see an insight to the future
  9. Tolders dream, however they don't see themselves in a dream until the age of 3
  10. Blind people dream too, if they were born blind they dream through different senses 

Well there you have it! Now, I understand many/the majority of people will find that time wasting and stupid, but I found researching about dreams very interesting!

Disclaimer: 
I got these 'facts' from a multiple website off Google, I don't know if they are 100% correct, I didn't do a science experiment to check.

Thank you 

George

(my favourite ever quote, from pinterest)


No comments:

Post a Comment