Saturday 6 July 2013

Judged by your music taste

Judged by your music taste

Everyone cries at the song 'my heart will go on' Don't they?

Everyone likes a good piece of music, if its Beethoven to Muse, or Adele to Barbie. We all like a good track to put us in a good mood or if we are sad and depressed a song which will reassure everyone how we are feeling. There is so much music these days and so many ways new, up and coming musicians can be found its pretty obvious different people will like different music. However with all these different genres being out there, it annoys me how people feel they have the right to judge people just cause they don't like a certain band or do like a certain solo artist. It also annoys me how people think if you like rock then there is no way you could ever enjoy a popular pop song as you music genre has to be rock and only rock.

I admit and am proud to say i have a very wide range of music that i like. I was brought up with my mum playing Duran Duran, Boney M, The Scissor Sister and Robbie Williams, then i had my dad playing Stray Cats, Elvis, Jonny Cash, Imelda May and Buddy Holly, then i had my two older sisters who would be obsessed over Five, Spice Girls, Back Street boys and S club. So by the age of 10 i knew the words to Rockabilly hits, 80's classics and new pop music.     So adding all this together, its pretty clear I'm going to have a wide range of music, but obviously there is the musicians that i love, that make up my own little taste. However, i do understand that some of the songs in my iTunes account could be seen as appalling.

I am also all for finding new music, every year there is a  festival (Gold Coast Ocean Fest Croyde, linked below) less than an hours drive away, where there will be big headliner act but before hand there will be loads of new up and coming stars. I really enjoy going home and downloading artists EP's and loving them (At the moment I am obsessed with Ryan Keen and Saint Raymond  feel free to check them out!) 

So with me liking all sorts of music i don't understand how one individual feel they can judge your music taste just because they don't like it? Everyone has different tastes, that's what makes the world so brilliant. No two people are exactly the same in what they like, dislike, believe in and look like. Why would you even want to be the same as everyone else? Some people will like Blink 182, others will enjoy One Directions. Some will love Justin Bieber other will prefer Kenny Rogers. No one has the correct music taste because we are different. DIFFERENCE IS GOOD. IN FACT IT IS AMAZING. DON'T BE SCARED TO BE DIFFERENT!

Thank you

George, who is not going to stop this rant.


By the way, if you're interested in the festival, its a sports, surfin,g musical festival in June of every year i highly recommend it. New music, food, surfing, well known music and friends! What's not to love? http://goldcoastoceanfest.co.uk/
 Go on, check it out.

ALSO


If you have any of your own new music recommendations please comment them below for me to research and listen too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment