Tuesday 16 July 2013

Reading away the summer

Reading the summer away

Don't you hate it when you finish a book and you have to return to the real world?

I love to read, however I'm crap at it. I can read but unless a book is extremely good then I won't read it. If the first couple of chapters aren't very good or don't make me want to read  on then I just stop, even if the reviews are outstanding.

When I read a really good book I get so involved. I barely put it down. I cry, laugh, smile, gasp and feel most emotions the character feels and then when I reach the end of the book I am left wondering what normal life is like as I've forgotten or what the characters will be doing like they are normal people.

So I've decided I'm going to read a lot this summer and use my blog as a reason to read as I am going to review a book at least once a month-ish. 

At the moment I am reading Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince (obviously I have already read the first five books and seen the films) however, I don't think I'll review Harry Potter as everyone knows how BRILLIANT it is in the first place. But this may change.

So I thought I would do a quick list of the books I am wanting to read so you can look out for the reviews if you are interested:
- The Hunger Games trilogy
- How to kill a mocking bird
- The Host

However as you can see, the list isn't that big so if you have any reading recommendations then please comment them below! So I can search into them to see if they appeal to me!

Tomorrow I will be doing my first book review on The Help, I read this book ages ago and then re-read it when it was made into the film. Lets say for now, I LOVE IT.

Thank you 

George, who is going to continue reading Harry Potter. EXPECTO POTRONUM.



No comments:

Post a Comment