Wednesday 31 July 2013

The Hunger Games trilogy

Why do I get obsessed with things so easily?

So I done it! I have finished reading The Hunger Games, and I must say it resulted in a lack of sleep to not being able to put the books down!!


Review

How did I first hear about the trilogy?

I must admit, I had never heard of the books until I saw the film. I hadn't intended to read the books but I saw videos on You Tube of people saying how amazing the books are, and how they are a must read, so I added the books to my reading list. Next thing I know, I am obsessed with The Hunger Games and can't wait for the films to come out.

Short Description of the book

The booked is based in a time where a Capitol and the Government rules 12 districts that each have a role in running the Capitol for example mining coal, fishing, and farming. Most of the Districts battle starvation and basic day to day life. You meet Katniss Everdeen a girl who has an excellent shot and has had to take care of her family since the age of 12 due to her fathers death. The Capitol holds an event each year called 'The Hunger Games' where a boy and a girl are randomly selected to battle till death until one victor remains, this reminds the districts not to rebel against the Government. You read how Katniss Volunteers to replace her 12 year old sister was chosen to take part in the games. The books follow Katniss falling in and out of love, constantly fighting death, suffering mentall and somehow becoming the face of the rebellion. 

Would I recommend these books?

That isn't even a question! Of course I would! The books are written very cleverly I could never predict what was going to happen. My attention was constantly caught! I love how the book is about fighting death and love all at the same time. It is amazing! If you are still unsure about reading the books I recommend you watch the film first, so then you can see if you are interested. If you have already watched the film then go and read these books now! The third book was so amazing I read it within two days. AMAZING.

Rating out of 10

Isn't it obvious 10!! So amazing

Thank you 

George

(from pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment